Welcome to this week's I Like post! Here are a few things I found to enjoy this week
1. My Southern comes out in my love of Magnolias. Oh the large blooms and the citrus-y scent. The big glossy leaves. I cringe when I see someone plant a sapling in too small an area as these are BIG trees.
There is one on the Naval Academy grounds large enough to be a house!
This photo or one of my others, could easily become a quilt.
One of my fave videos!
3. The finale of both Survivor and Dancing with the Stars. Next up Amazing Race.
My husband and my neighbor both wanted to do the Race. If they had, they could have been "the Engineers and neighbors" as they both work at the same big firm. She's in a different dept but still. I do not want to do the race. I could not bungee jump off
4.On Memorial Day, We are so grateful for all the World Citizens who have fought the fight to keep Freedom for us all.
We have worked together throughout America's history, with our allies against totalitarianism.
We know that Freedom must be protected.
And We love America around here! Baby Milo is only 12 weeks old but he lives with people who hold their hand over their hearts when a flag passes. We love all countries who protect freedom.
5. I love the day lillies bursting out in bloom. All season they will bring happy yellowness.
6. I enjoyed going to our neighbor's big birthday celebration.
So many nice people to chat with, so much good food, her husband is also a musician so he had friends performing, kids had a fun yard full of candles to run around. I can only imagine how it would feel to kids!
We aren't drinking alcohol these days, so we're happy they had fresh squeezed orange juice and specialty sparkle water to go with the barbecue!
7. I like that Milo took his first ride in the car in his sleepy time crate! He laid down nicely after a bit of whining, and snuggled into one of Daddy's old candy cane shaped pillows.
this is the side door area with a seat removed.He can't jump up yet but it won't be long!
8. I Like Spring roses blooming...
We don't have much success with roses near Annapolis as they get black spot.
I wish I would have bought one of those non stop rose bushes but I've wasted much money on failed rose attempts.
9. Which brings me to Milo's like for the week
He forgets it's not a toy sometimes and chews on it looking for a squeaker.
I remind him it's not a toy so don't chew it up, not that one's bed shouldn't be fun to lay in lol!
It has rained a lot here, but we had a dab of sun and I was grateful it was sunny but not scorching hot. Then it rained again.
Please visit with these fine folks keeping it positive this week! It's so much fun to be a part of this group who finds happiness in the every day things. Sorry I won't be able to add any names this time, so leave your link in comments and check back to see if there are any more fun posts being written!
linking to some parties including
Thankful Thursdays pet parade
Let's be social Wednesdays