Sunday, May 17, 2015

And just where am I supposed to sit?

And Just where am I supposed to sit??
Oh, fine, I'll just lie down here, on the floor, like a dog.
I didn't exactly feel comfortable in those little chairs for people anyway. 
Momma wanted to go out to dinner, to celebrate being even older, so we all packed it in the car and went to a little Cuban Fusion outdoor cafe so that we could ALL celebrate food her birthday.
I thought their food looked like a dog's dinner anyway, so where was my plate of food, and I wanted the beef. It may look like my dinner but they were all, "YUM! This is so flavorful and healthy! Oh the plantains are great!"
I don't do bananas and plantains smell very like bananas, so I just had a shrimp or two or three.
Then we strolled around the stores and I pulled to go in the furniture store here...
WOWIE!
A gold tree that would be great to pee on IF a poodle were outside, donchaknow.
(I went ahead and sort of sniffed it anyway, what the heck. Didn't smell like anything)
Unlike this rug. Now that rug was interesting. I could hardly pull my nose away from it. Imagine if it came home with us, now there's a perch for a poodle!!
Will you just look at what humans will sit on?!! Why there's hardly room for two legs, much less four.

Then the paparazzi found me! The shop women were all, "he's so cute, and what's his name", and rubbing my ears just so. I just love that little squeal-ly sound ladies make when they spot me. Then they asked how old I was.
WHAT?
Why you gotta bring age into it?? Yeah, momma and I had birthdays, so what?
We still like to shop and eat out!
I mean, I have to greet my public every so often, you know?


20 comments:

Ann said...

Happy birthday to you both, LeeAnna and Cole. What a delightful outing.

PugMom said...

Cole, I think your Mom should have bought you that rug for your birthday! I love plantains and shrimp--yummy! Where's the birthday cake?

Michele McLaughlin said...

Happy Birthday to you two!!! Looks like a fun day out!!! Cole looks so adorable :)

FANCY the Red Standard Poodle said...

Hi Y'all!

Lucky you, gettin' to go to a restaurant and go shoppin' too!

Y'all come on by,
Hawk aka BrownDog

Deb said...

Happy birthday, and I still want to know how your baby gets to go with you everywhere?? Can't believe they allow it! They are not allowed at outdoor cafes around here either. Stupid. I get the indoor stuff, but really...Minnesota doesn't allow them anywhere...the U.S. Doesn't allow them anywhere...barely.

LA Paylor said...

We've had good luck in touristy cities.. like Annapolis near us, Lake Placid NY, Alexandria VA. We always ask if we can sit on a patio, and this particular restaurant allows it. Ask the next time you go to an outdoor cafe if it's allowed.
LeeAnna

Unknown said...

A great way to celebrate your birthdays! The food looked delicious and I bet Cole had a fun time mingling with shoppers and checking out some furniture and rugs.

Bonnie said...

Too cute. Unfortunately Americans are so "clean" conscious dogs aren't allowed very many places. We've found a few places that allow them on patios but not all that many. On the other hand it is beastly hot in the summer here so we aren't too enthralled with sitting outside anyway. Happy birthday to both of you!

Anonymous said...

You're so lucky. There are no restaurants that allow dogs in our area and few shops except the pet shops. If all dogs were as well behaved as you are, and as we are, all that could change.

Groovy Goldendoodles said...

Happy Birthday! Hey where is this place? I love cuban food, and the kids and I are always interested in taking the boys to eat with us.

Tails Around the Ranch said...

♪ღ♪░H░A░P░P░Y░ B░I░R░T░H░D░A░Y░░♪ღ♪ ~ here's hoping it was as great as it looks. :)

Jackie Bouchard said...

Happy birthday, Mom! Sounds like a fun outing! Cole, you'd look very handsome lounging on that fancy rug!

Mary Marcotte said...

Happy, happy birthday! Looks like you had a wonderful time with the whole family. That chaise lounge looks just right for Cole but I think he'd enjoy the rug even more. :-)

Dogs Luv Us and We Luv Them said...

Happy birthday you two! Sounds like you had a wonderful day. We love going to cafe's w/ the dogs!
Love & Biscuits,
Dogs Luv Us and We Luv Them

Jasmine said...

Happy birthday to both of you! I have a May birthday as well. :)

Maria said...

Happy Birthday to the two of you!!! Your outdoor meal looked so fun and yummy at the same time. Glad you could find a place where all three of you could enjoy it together.

Talent Hounds said...

Happy Birthday both of you! That meal looked amazing. :)

The Daily Pip said...

Gosh, that food looks delicious! Hope you and your mom had a special birthday.

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday! While most people are salivating over your dinner, I have my eye on that creamy white chaise.

View From My Pram said...

PepiSmartDog: Happy Birthday to you and mom!
Pity the table wasn't bigger or you could have laid on the table..just saying...
You chose great furniture for yourself with the green rug and Poodle-Chaise.
The furniture is just the right height for you to be served dinner in bed!
We always enjoy visiting your site and look forward to seeing what fun you get up to this week too. Thank you for supporting us when we were traveling and for joining our Thankful Thursday Weekly Blog Hop. Hope to see you next week too. *waves paw* :=o)