Wednesday, June 4, 2014

I was framed

I was Framed, I tell ya
 Now that Cole is old or injured or both, he doesn't walk well. Like most of us, his spirit still wants to run free and chase critters and balls and meet new people. This weekend we took our Saturday morning walk in Annapolis to raise his spirits. We broke him out, and oh my,  it was a glorious day weather-wise.
 He tasted from the many doorway doggie bowls...
an amusing little bowl... mmm, hints of squirrel... 
 We saw the dome peeking up amid the shops, with a nearly clear blue sky.

 Cole was patient as Mommy shopped a bit, and took that opportunity to say hi to a few local business owners while I shopped. The walk perked us all up, and our thoughts turned to the budding garden.
 We hung up these cool solar lanterns DH got me for my birthday. Check out that brilliant orange with flecks of all colors!
There are some little pink flowers in my front yard, that spread like weeds. I love them, and they are messy, but look at the close up of them!! Too cool.

I have never hunkered down to really see them this close! They are another quilt, aren't they!?!

For color, and to match the lanterns, here is a pic of a hibiscus from a pot in Annapolis. Brilliant color variations and that stamen! Awesome job, mother nature!
LeeAnna

6 comments:

Quiltdivajulie said...

Mother Nature rocks --

Sheltie Times said...

Looks like you had a great outing.

Joanne said...

Hi LeeAnna!
Thanks for the walk and a visit in your cool garden!
Take care,
Joanne

jank1961 said...

It looks like it was a perfect day and you had a lovely walk. I love your garden and the flower photos!
Jan, Wag 'n Woof Pets

Maria said...

Hi Cole...love your pic looking through the fence.
I love those solar lanterns ... How bright with the flamingo!

PugMom said...

Here's a shout out to Cole from the Pug Boys!! Hey Cole, Elvis has a baby carriage he will loan you if you get tired of walking!

Beautiful flowers Leanna. I like those little pink ones especially! I want a night time shot of your new solar lanterns. They look great!