Saturday, June 22, 2013

Don't you love a garden?

These need planting. The palm is my new favorite plant ever.... Oh the colors in the changing sun, deep yellow greens, rust, browns, lime... yum   Does anyone know if it would survive a Maryland winter if planted?  All the others supposedly tolerate shade and give color. We'll see she said skeptically.
 We have set the fountain back up and the gurgling is amazing. So calming. The birds perch on the top ring and drink, sometimes they jump right in the bottom ring and bathe with abandon. Is it me or are the cardinals brighter red and the jays brighter blue than usual? Maybe it's the sun. We don't usually have this blue sky here, it's usually a smoggish hazy greyish blue but this Spring it's been SW blue.
Note the railing box has a sign that says laugh. I can see this one from the kitchen sink. By the end of the day I hope it will also have some more flowers in it for color.
Happy summer ya'll. Let the porch sitting/reading/wine drinking begin!

LeeAnna

4 comments:

Maria said...

Wow! Your gardens look amazing! Love the new Palm and the fountain looks so comforting. Enjoy:-)

LA Paylor said...

thanks, come down anytime

Martha Ginn said...

Good start on your blog, LA. I especially relate to your porch sitting reference--a great way to enjoy any previous work you have done in the yard.
Martha Ginn

Denise said...

I just miss my friend! I would love to sit in the porch with you, drink wine, and "bitch"! Love all your posts. I hope you don't mind that I shared your quilts with a friend and would love to mention you on Facebook. Do you mind? Do you care if I posted pics of your quilts? I'd love to see more. I got to see "you" in the picture on your blog...you look the same! So happy to reconnect. Hopefully, we will see each other soon. Do you ever come home to Tampa?